Sunday, September 9, 2007

Leaving on a jet plane

Well, I have not died or fallen off the earth. Since my last post life just got busy. Today I'm spending my last day in the Driftless Zone packing and re-packing (because a girl *can* have too many shoes and not enough room for underwear). Tomorrow my parents drive me over to Chicago. I'm hoping to have some time in the airport during which I could plug in and start dishing a bit more of what has happened in my life over the last few hectic weeks. If not then, I'll have time while I'm hooking into wifi in Paris from my apartment and trying to acclimate to the new timezone.

I'm excited and terrified. The stress got inside me again and I got another sinus infection (the last one right before I left Madison for my parents). That's a story in itself. I'm between health insurance (the previous job's insurance and the Frenchy one) so I went over to the free clinic.

It's a big leap and I'm ready but I'm also starting to find myself thinking "What am I doing?! What was I thinking?" Still, there's that automatic tug pulling me down the line to get on that plane.

So, when you come back next, you'll find (hopefully) the beginnings to my weekend with the girls in Madison, the date night with Andy (photos to Flickr will have to wait), the week in Minneapolis (strange sexual activity with old high school friend), and all the commotion emotions for this big adventure.

My family's been so amazing and supportive. My grandmother - 82 years old - is sending me off with an old cowboy belt buckle of my grandpa's, a charm bracelet that we think we gave her from Argentina, and my grandpa's old harmonica. Every time he went on a long trip for the military he learned a new instrument. It's my turn now.

As I've said lately to others I love, See you soon!

Lo.

2 comments:

Monster said...

If you're going to play the harmonica, you have to start calling it a "harp".

It's required.

Much love to you, Lo... Godspeed!

bill yjoebob said...

a) i agree with monster, you have to start calling it a harp, also you have to work out what key it's in, and refer to it as such, as in "damn i only packed my g harp"

b) i wanted to say 'go with god', but i don't beleive in any of that malarkey, so go, as you go everywhere and do everything, go with grace, sweet lola.